12.02.2012

Quick DIY Face Primer. (With NO Aloe Vera!) Oily skin version and dry skin recommendations

So I ran out of my Smash BoX Face primer and have been looking for a new one. I have oily skin so it's hard to find a good DIY.

Ok so for those of you with dry skin here is a little recommendation.

- Use cetaphil. That stuff works amazing and it's very thick which will make for a great primer.
-If cetaphil is a bit pricey use NIVEA Creme that stuff is as good as cetaphil but that little tin in the picture is only 99 cents
-If you have extra oily skin use a small amount of glycerin!

OK SO THINGS YOU'LL NEED FOR THE YOUR FACE PRIMER:
1. A container (mine is an old lotion bottle)
2. A moisturizer for your type of skin
3. Setting powder. NOTE:( THIS IS IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN USE RICE POWDER. IT ABSORBS ALL THE SKINS OILS AND IT MAKES THE PRIMER MATTE, I GOT MINE FROM THE MAKEUPGEEK STORE BUT THE BRAND IS PALLADIO SO GET IT WHEREVER THOSE PRODUCTS ARE SOLVED)
4. You could also use a small amount of foundation, but I think it would be more useful if you used a squirt of those crapoy drugstore BB cremes that were a lot of hype and no good result.
5. Sunscreen (optional)

Basically all you need to do is mix 2 parts mostarizer with 4 parts rice powder, 1 part BB Creme (or foundation and Sunscreen) then mix it with a toothpick or other mixing tool and you're done. It should look like below.

I suggest you make small portion of it and just use more as needed.












14 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you very much for help. I am going to test that in the near future. Cheers




    Facial Cleanser for Dry Skin and Combination Skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I use baby powder instead of setting powder? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably could, but I wouldn't recommend it since it has a lot of harsh chemicals. But if you do use one without talc, its better for you skin. Some alternatives are also corn starch or sifted flour. Corn starch is better for oiliness. Hope that helps some!

      Delete
  3. this is more helpful than any other recipe because the other recipes require aloe vera gel and I dont have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try this tommorow for school. When I get home from school my makeup is nearly all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going to try this tommorow for school. When I get home from school my makeup is nearly all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you use backing soda in place of rice powder

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or could you use rice flour in place of rice powder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you use rice flower instead of rice powder?

    ReplyDelete